Sojoourn Expat Community Rules
Hey there! We’re so excited to have you a part of the Sojoourn Expat Community! This group is hosted by Sojoourn, a community that helps international people (students & expats) getting setlle in Lyon, giving you a welcome experience to enjoy your adventure in France!
We’ve created this exclusive, free Facebook community to give you a place:
- to connect with other expatriates/foreigners or french people who like to meet new people
- Share advise, help and encourage each other about moving in France
- Ask all your questions related to the installation in France (housing, administrative procedures, schools ….)
As we believe that it's people who make a place a home, this is an exclusive tribe of aspiring and seasoned location-independent girl bosses and it’s essential that each women in the tribe brings about positivity and encouragement above all else.
WHO IS THIS GROUP FOR?
This group is for aspiring and seasoned freelancers and solopreneurs who are building a service-based online businesses, offering services in the fields of:
Social media management
Virtual assistant work
With that said, this group is not for:
Product-based businesses (example: selling physical products on Etsy)
Online coaches (including relationship coaches, business coaches, health and fitness coaches etc.).
Affiliate marketers (including comments, posts and threads related to affiliate marketing)
Multi-level marketing (MLM) of any kind
As it’s important for us to always maintain the core purpose of this group, we know there are better fit communities for those other areas of businesses that we do not cover. Thanks for understanding! To keep the group running smoothly, we have a few rules that you as a member must follow. If you don’t follow the rules, then you will be removed from the group (which would be a total bummer, because we really think you’ll want to be part of this epic girl boss community).
Emmanuelle Sojoourn (co-founder of Sojoourn, creator of this group)
1. SAFE ZONE
We all face enough judgment and challenge in life, be kind/supportive/loving. We have a zero tolerance policy for drama. We take this seriously!
2. WHAT TO POST: questions about business & life, call out for help, share new/revamped ideas, inspiration & encouragement, shout out to a biz you've worked with, business or personal challenges your facing, celebrations you can’t keep to yourself, and more! Get creative, and make connections!
3. ADVERTISING/PROMOTION/JOBS: this content will ONLY be allowed inside designated posts when prompted for you to share your business, job openings, products, services, links, social media links, opt-ins, surveys, programs, website links, etc. We want you to be able to share what you do, but the best way to do this is to build connection and come to in-person meet-ups. Then, your posts will only build on that relationship and drive your business forward.
2. NO POSTING OF VIDEOS
Please do not try to host a Facebook Live session inside the group. You will be removed. Facebook Live sessions are only to be used by group admins. You may also not post videos of yourself in the group.
3. NO BULLYING
Nobody likes bullies! This is absolutely not the place to gossip about people online or post rude comments – if you do, you will immediately be removed from the group.
4. NO “LINK SHARING” THREADS.
A “link sharing” thread is when you create a new thread and ask people to share a link to their Pinterest profile, Instagram, etc. Admins will create these threads from time to time, so there is no need to create your own. Having an excessive amount of “link sharing” threads makes the group feel spammy and less useful.
5. NO POSTING FOR GROUP MEETUPS
Please do not use our group as a way to coordinate local meetups in your area.
6. PLEASE KEEP POSTS ON-TOPIC FOR ONLINE BUSINESS/TRAVELING/DIGITAL NOMADS ETC.
For example, this group is not the place to create threads about your favorite TV show or a DIY project you recently created. Posts that are not in some way related to the mission of the group will be deleted.
7. YOU MAY NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE MEMBERS WITH UNSOLICITED BUSINESS PROMOTIONS.
Please do not use our group as a place to send unsolicited promos to people in the community. If they chatted with you in a thread about wanting to work together, then sending a private message should be fine. However, if it is discovered that you are sending PMs to people without their permission, then you will be banned from the group.
8. YOU MAY NOT POST ANYTHING THAT IS FOR SALE.
Please do not use our group as a marketplace. This is not a place to post your personal items for sale (example: A used camera you want to sell).
9. PLEASE USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES FOR POSTING A #HOUSESWAP POST
If you are seeking to do a house swap with a fellow BB, please use the hashtag #houseswap when sharing the opportunity within the community! These opportunities are open to women in the community who are seeking to swap one home for another for an agreed upon amount of time.
The Bucketlist Bombshells are not legally or logistically responsible for house swaps between members of the community.
10. PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BELOW FOR POSTING A #GETHIRED POST.
If you are seeking a freelancer or solopreneur to join your team please feel free to post about the job opportunity inside of BBT and don’t forget to include the hashtag #GETHIRED. Examples of freelancer and solopreneur positions: graphic designer, website designer, social media manager, virtual assistant etc.
This opportunity is reserved for one freelancer, you may not post a thread seeking multiple freelancers for the same job description. In addition to that, you may not post a thread seeking a team of freelancers to join a membership platform or freelancing website.
Please note that the #GETHIRED post is for fully remote work only, the job cannot include any in-office requirements.
When posting an opportunity please remember that it must be a paid opportunity (no internships or unpaid jobs allowed under #GETHIRED). As well, please use the #GETHIRED thread to promote a job opportunity within your company it is not a thread to promote yourself to be hired by another tribe member.
The best postings that receive the best responses are ones that include a brief but detailed job description, one link to either your website OR social media account, the budget and timeframe and the best way to contact you regarding the opportunity.
This super-handy #GetHired checklist is to help you make the most out of this opportunity inside of the Bucketlist Bombshells Tribe. We strive to make this community positive and beneficial for all members. Follow these guidelines before signing on to any project to ensure the project goes as smoothly as possible!
Don’t forget to add a photo and the hashtag #GETHIRED!
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS GROUP
1. Focus on making genuine connections with other girls (when you have an ulterior motive, people notice and it’s totally uncool!)
2. Share your advice and support in a friendly manner – for some girls, this is the only place that their girl boss dreams are supported, so let’s always lift each other up!
3. Participate! To get the most of the group (and move forward in your BBT journey!), we highly recommend participating in weekly thread conversations, attending our free workshops, live Q&As etc. as we’ve created these to provide tons of valuable tips and help for you Alright girl, now you’re set! Can’t wait to connect with you inside the group x