As you know, at Sojoourn, we are so much more than an international community. We exist to help expats integrate successfully and to make France rank #1 as a place that feels like home. We foster an environment that creates the greatest opportunities for expats to succeed.
So how do we achieve this?
The essence of Sojoourn is a supportive and collaborative environment that puts expat’s needs at the heart of everything we do. Because of our commitment to our core values and vetting process, expats report feeling confident, non-threatened and highly supported by the Sojoourn team and community.
One of the main difficulties integrating in France is the language barrier.
Our French learning programs are designed for expatriates in Lyon. We help expats upgrade their current French abilities, whatever level they start with, quickly giving them the confidence to speak in French with natives in any situation or conversation.
All our mini-group (4-6 people max) or individual French lessons are based on a structured, fun and progressive learning process.
What makes us unique:
- Each participant has a chance to speak and participate intensively within the group and gets personalized feedback from the teacher.
- Our native French teachers adjust the content of the lessons according to the needs of each participant. We’re happy to work with individuals and businesses and have already helped 20+ expats thanks to our French courses.
"Un grand merci à l’équipe Sojoourn et à notre professeur Christel pour le cours de français Intermédiaire B1. Le cours était bien organisé. Les classes en petit groupe multiculturel avec une bonne tasse de café - que vouloir de plus ? Le bon prof ! Et on l'avait ! Christel est une vraie professionnelle. Le cours est structuré et le contenu des classes répond parfaitement à nos besoins quotidiens.
Les cours ont toujours été intéressants, utiles et simples à comprendre. En plus, nous avons aussi fait des sorties culturelles à Lyon ! Elles sont thématiques : la mode, les fêtes, les traditions françaises, très enrichissantes et pratiques ! Moi, personnellement, j’ai découvert beaucoup de lieux à visiter avec mes amis et j’ai appris beaucoup de choses sur les français et la vie en France en général. Très bon cours, super équipe !" - Elena, Russie
Expats face challenges that others don’t. Sojoourn has forged a rich and diverse ecosystem made up of industry partners, experienced and successful entrepreneurs, experts and government members, all supporting expats under Sojoourn. We make meaningful and curated introductions ensuring our members build a powerful network. We know this is critical to successful integration.
This is why we launched the conversational French courses in collaboration with experienced and native French teacher. This is an opportunity for expats to improve their French while making meaningful connections with like minded people. Our focus, as always, is on strengthening our ecosystem for expats.
Our next sessions for the French courses will start in January:
ON MORNINGS (9:30 am - 12 pm) at Loutsa Café (Lyon 7):
- 30h for BEGINNER (A1/A2) Monday, January 13th - Monday, March 30th. Price: 550€
- 30h for INTERMEDIATE (B1) Friday, January 17th - Friday, April 3rd. Price: 550€
EVENINGS (6:30 pm - 8:30 pm) at Explorys Incubateur (Lyon 1):
- 18h for BEGINNER (A1) Monday, January 20th - Monday, March 30th. Price: 350€
- 18h for BEGINNER (A2) Thursday, January 16th - Thursday, March 26th. Price: 350€
- 18h for INTERMEDIATE (B1) Monday, January 13th - Monday, March 23rd. Price: 350€
- 18h for INTERMEDIATE (B2) Tuesday, January 14th - Tuesday, March 24th. Price: 350€
For further information, visit our website: https://www.sojoourn.fr/frenchcourses