At Sojoourn, we believe that we all meant to live in communities. The joy of being a part of something bigger than yourself and the need to belong somewhere are in all of us. Taking on new challenges and seizing new opportunities as an expat is easier in a community that understands and supports you.
The company was born with the goal to help expats feel home in Lyon and in France. We want to support you throughout your journey. Connect you with the right people, introduce you to your new friends or future colleagues and roommates. Networking is a big part of Sojoourn, but there is so much more!
We want to be there for you at every step of the way:
· Guiding you through the French health care system
· Getting your social security number
· Connecting you to Pôle Emploi or helping you find a job
· Explaining the “mutuelle” system
· Showing you how to declare your tax or housing tax
· What benefits you can get from the state, from CAF
· Connecting you with the right English-speaking experts
...and many more.
We put our hearts into building the Sojoourn expat community in Lyon and we would love to give you the best experience possible – online and also offline. It’s been a while that we’ve been thinking how to improve the connections between all of our members and give a better service.
It is time for us to leave Facebook.
Don’t worry it won’t happen overnight but we feel like now is the right time to take the next step and embrace the change. Experience something new and get away from this tech giant a little bit.
The problems with our Sojoourn Facebook group:
· Because of the algorithm the posts don’t reach everybody so we all miss out on information
· Our members can’t easily get in touch with each other unless they are “friends” on Facebook
· There are a lot of distractions on the Feed such as news stories; updates from friends and family; recommendations for other groups
· Annoying advertising
We found the solution to help you build your connections with each other easier and make your expat journey more fun. We want to better organize the Sojoourn community and make it more valuable to you. After researching the market for the best option, we decided to go with Mighty Networks.
Have you heard about it before? Mighty Networks was founded by Gina Bianchini, an American entrepreneur, in 2017. It is a great platform to bring people together.
We love it because:
· It’s designed for people who don’t know each other to meet and build relationships.
· Everyone can easily share important information or ask about French administration, schools, housing and reach 100% of the members while truly creating value for everybody in the community
· We can create different groups and topics under the Sojoourn brand name where you can join in, without ever leaving the platform
· It is easy to use with a structure that is very similar to Facebook
· It has its own Android and iOS app to never miss anything
· There is a built in Ambassador Program, get rewards when you invite a friend of yours to the platform
Discover our new membership and navigate the challenges of being an expat together in a helping and welcoming community. We can’t wait to welcome you!
Join us on Mighty Networks and become a part of an incredibly vibrant and interesting community that is different, deeper and more meaningful than what is out there today.
See you soon,
Emmanuelle & Zsofi